Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blerg.

Do you guys ever overcommit yourselves?

I spent a lot of time this weekend seriously trying to nail down my priorities and get my focus back. I've never been one to shy away from extracurricular activities, and this is a problem. I had a really good balance going and threw it off about 6 months ago by adding another musical endeavor. It's been part of what's been making me feel sorta strung out these days. So I had to quit today. Well, not quit so much as begin to develop a plan to quit. I'm going to phase out my involvement over the next few months so as not to utterly screw over the other group members. I want to be prioritizing some personal, non-music creative projects.

On the one hand, I am glad I figured out that I needed to take this step, and that I mustered the courage to take it. I generally suck at backing out of anything. Usually, this is good. I'm not one to RSVP to every Facebook event or whatnot, but if I say I'll do something, I mean it and I'll do it. This can sometimes lead to doing things I don't really want to be doing because I can't say no once I've said yes. Perhaps this is also conflict avoidance. But on the other hand, does it ever suck to let people down. And I wind up feeling a little disappointed in myself for being a quitter...but hey, remember my tarot? I've got to make those difficult changes to keep my "wish" from slipping away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As told by