Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Anniversary

Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! This is a fun day for me because exactly 1 year ago today, Chris and I decided to get married at City Hall here in NYC, while in the midst of planning our October bash. At the time, I said Groundhog Day was appropriate because we were going to get married again (dorky joke if you've seen the Bill Murray film). It was the day Staten Island Chuck bit Michael Bloomberg.

And it was the day these photos were taken. I made a last-minute decision on my outfit and scored $10 rings for the ceremony the day before at the Cinderella Club on 34th Street. And my parents and one of my brothers spent a whirlwind day in NY!

As we were about to get on the subway, my dad said, "Shouldn't you have some flowers?" So we ran into a flower shop under the 7 train and told the confused woman I was getting married (now) and needed flowers! The $5 white daisies lasted for AGES.
There are 6 more weeks of winter ahead. Oh, well. February 2nd will always be extra-fun for me.

3 comments:

  1. I love! Never saw these photos. What a nice room! (as far as City Hall rooms go!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet romantic posting.

    ReplyDelete

As told by