Friday, May 28, 2010

I love carnations

I have been enjoying beautiful carnations in the kitchen for a couple of weeks now. On the weekends, I walk down to our corner store and buy a bunch in a single color. One bunch came with baby's breath, which looks corny in the bouquet, but terrific in my bud vase:
Anyway, carnations get a bad rap. They smell amazing, don't cost much, last forever, and are virtually indestructible. I just love them. When I was little, my dad used to get my mom a bouquet of red roses for Valentine's Day, and he'd bring me a bouquet of pink carnations.

4 comments:

  1. i love you, but you forget me ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hullo Beth,

    Been doing that 'next blog' thing and found you at random. I've enjoyed a little look around. Your enthusiasm shines and made me smile this morning {6am here in Scotland}

    I empathise about the cat on the counter problem, but like you haven't found a solution yet. There are some options of course which would help but usually at the expense of causing us more hassle in the process.

    Close supervision and a stern warning is the best option found so far. I'll get back to you if I find the answer though.

    Keeep up the good work here.

    kind regards.........Al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice notes! Cat still jumping on the counter, but I think this might be a fact of life.

    ReplyDelete

As told by