Sunday, March 29, 2009

Typewriter magic

In keeping with the "stories/writing" vibe Chris and I have going with our wedding, we will be typing our invitations on my grandfather's 1935 Underwood Portable, purportedly the same model Faulkner preferred. This is on generous loan to us from my grandmother. My grandfather obtained this beauty in a swap with his brother Tom. Gram cannot remember what he traded for it, but she remembers him boasting that he got the better part of the deal. Hard to imagine that he didn't: 



3 comments:

  1. Typewriters <3 I asked my grandma if she had one the last time I was home, and she said she has *three* - "Pick one! Get them out of my house!" Hehe... I certainly will be bringing one back with me the next time I'm home with a car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Shopping in the Gram's basement was equally as INSANE...there were 4 other typewriters down there!! This one was by far the best and lives up in grandpa's closet, but if we'd had trouble finding ribbons for a model this old, we could've had one of the other 4. What's with hoarding old typewriters, people?

    Also, God bless the interweb. You can find typewriter ribbons for almost any model.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot to gush about this yesterday when i read it...it's amazing. i love your invitation already!!!

    ReplyDelete

As told by