Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Brothers Bloom

Last night, the boy and I had a movie and Indonesian food date. We saw The Brothers Bloom, which I thought it was out-and-out terrific. 

Also, I have a newfound love for Rachel Wiesz. She pulls off approximately 2 capes, 2 adorable black hats (see above, and the smaller one in the movie trailer), lace-up boots, and a leopard-print coat.
There's been a little green hat at Stray, our local vintage shop, that I've been eyeing. I have to say, I've been sorta against the hipster-hat trend, but I think that's because I haven't seen anyone pull a hat off adorably instead of goofily. Rachel Weisz makes me wanna go snag it.

Anyway, this movie was fun and stylish and clever. I think you'll like it, folks. As for dinner...

Having grown up in Jakarta, Indonesian food is Chris's version of mashed potatoes (homey comfort food), so thankfully Bali Nusa Indah on 45th gets the down-home taste just right to satisfy his cravings. Glad we live in a city where we can track this down!

Hope you're having lovely weekends, dearies. Whatcha up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

As told by