Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunny weekend

Something bright from a sunny weekend! Photo by my Bronx Symphony standmate, Craig. 

It was so amazing to finally get out and about. I started breaking in my new cowboy boots! 

Saturday involved a suicide mission to SoHo, but we escaped alive and learned 3 important lessons: 

1) I love Dean and Deluca, and wish I were crazy rich so I could go there all the time; 
2) TopShop was better in Europe, circa 2004; and
3) even semi-celebrity Tori Spelling can stop half a block of pedestrian traffic.

About lesson number 1, I had never been IN Dean and Deluca, as far as I can recall. I'd just walked by it, knowing it was one of those "unaffordable" places. Now I feel the sudden need to own a French/Moroccan tea set. And I know we'll be back—they're the only place stateside from which Chris has been able to purchase Vegemite, crazy Aussie boy.

Anyway, to come down from the city high, we sat outside at our new little table (photos soon) and sipped some yummy margaritas til dark. We finally made good use of our Caliente Cab hurricane glasses.

Sunday brought brunch at Quaint (geez, I feel like I write about this place a lot), purchasing new flowers for the windowsill, Mexican dinner, and yet more margaritas. Back to work tomorrow...glad I got some quality sun time in and a whole weekend with the boy.

2 comments:

  1. Did we meet your friends at Quaint for brunch once? If so, I loved that place!

    You're so brave for attempting a trip to TopShop. The opening was all over the fashion blogs in my RSS. People traveled cross-country for that ish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that was the Aubergine Cafe, the OTHER amazing place in my neighborhood :) I have to take you to Quaint next time.

    TopShop was just plain nutters. Wish I had realized there was such a to-do about it! But I tell you—overrated. I remember finding very cute, interesting things there, and this was just 80s neon everywhere. Times change.

    ReplyDelete

As told by