Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Three years


I experienced my first real bout of wedding blackout last week. All of a sudden, I felt that I had been letting things slide; that there was so much to get done that I hadn't even thought about, and I was sure it was all going to be absurdly complicated and expensive. Please note that our wedding is 6 months away and that we have had the major details (place, food, drink, immigration) worked out for AGES. I made the blackout worse by reading wedding websites to see what I was "supposed" to be doing, which only ups the anxiety.

What better cure for wedding blackout than a dating anniversary? Three years to be exact. In some ways it feels much shorter, in many ways it feels much longer. In any event, it puts the whole wedding-planning thing right back into perspective. Love is at the forefront of a day like today, as it will be on our wedding day and every day. Wedding web-surfing is to be kept at an absolute minimum, for when I truly need practical instruction on something. Otherwise, love shall lead the way in cobbling together the details of what will undoubtedly be a beautiful, fun day.

Christopher surprised me this morning with three gorgeous scarves from The Clay Pot in Brooklyn (three, for three years!). Such a sweet and thoughtful gift. Tonight we'll either be canoodling at our neighborhood foodie haven, Quaint, or at our darling neighborhood wine bar, Claret. Either way, we'll look as happy as we do here, in our ideal state: together, full of New Zealand wine, bread, and cheese. What do you love more than love? :)

2 comments:

As told by