Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hands

The director of a major modeling agency said that when she first meets someone, she always notices his or her hands. I, too, am a noticer of hands. Yesterday, I told an artist at work how impressive her hands are. (Luckily, we are friends and she did not find this weird.) She has long, straight fingers with precise nails that look like they've been French manicured—only they haven't been! The modeling agent said she can tell a lot from a person's hands. I say my friend's beautiful hands imply that she is someone who can make beautiful things with her hands. Here are my hands...
If you remember our Save the Dates, you can kinda see my hand on the left and Chris's on the right. I think you can tell here that I have small hands and keep my nails short. Like, really short. With no white part showing:
There may be a hint of white in this shot, as I was on vacation and not exactly playing instruments at the time. I think my nails probably say the most, being kept obsessively short, clean, and unbitten: picky musician.

Do you think your hands say something about you? Try to notice some hands this week. Tell me what you see!

5 comments:

  1. i love this post. will be staring at all customers' hands today during the lunch shift. yes! something new to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, my hands show that I'm a fallen violist. I normally do have whites now, but they start so low from years of keeping them obessively short. I've also got the bend-back on my left thumb, but not my right... creepy how 11 years of holding something a certain way can change your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hands are calloused with cuts and scabs scattered everywhere . . . beat to shit basically . . . don't know what that says ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingertips are calloused and I have a callous on my right heel from resting it against the desk to control a mouse.

    And no fingernails, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, we siblings all have calloused hands!

    ReplyDelete

As told by