Monday, June 8, 2009

Quick visit

Well, only 2 days in Rhode Island brought a wedding dress fitting, some catering decisions, and a minister to perform our ceremony. It also brought visits to staples such as The Crow's Nest and The Mews Tavern. (I wasn't going to link to The Crow's Nest's website because it is so bad, but decided I had to for precisely that reason. Once you get through the intro, you get to click on quahogs to navigate the site.)

I hadn't been to The Mews in ages and had forgotten how much I love the ceilings, lined with dollar bills and white Christmas lights, and the creative tap handles—this place boasts a famous 69 brews on tap. See above for my favorite tap of the night, the Red Sox-themed Green Monsta Ale. And the sampler board is a must: mini glasses of any 4 brews (your choice!) neatly arranged in a little wooden test tube rack.

I missed little ol' Rhode Island. It was good to see everyone and to be in the kinds of places where someone you know could walk in at any moment (and my cousin did walk into the bar while we were there)! I somehow always feel like my best self when I visit. Next time I just have to make sure my dad doesn't rope Chris into vacuuming the pool...

1 comment:

As told by