Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sugar Shack

How do I end up at the places I end up in this city? Last night (yep, that's Wednesday, very unusual for me as an old person) a friend of mine was go-go dancing at the monthly Sugar Shack Burlesque show at Bowery Electric. Go-go dancers are chosen during a dance contest one month and are given the honor of appearing onstage the following month. Naturally, we had to go support "Lucky Penny" as she warmed up the stage for the stars, Legs Malone and Runaround Sue. Personal ties aside, turns out this is a small, rockin' dance party with a low cover charge, fishnets, corsets, and free shots of huckleberry vodka. I felt like I was right back at Sadie Lou, but with less whiskey and more happy. I'd definitely go back!

3 comments:

  1. Also I am shamelessly stealing this idea for you for the Bust (www.bust.com) blog. hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, go for it!! And definitely get to the show/dance party if you can this summer.

    ReplyDelete

As told by