Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend wonderfulness

Despite the rain, we had a great city weekend with the visiting little bro(-in-law-to-be).

Deliciousness: Frugal Fridays at Craft = best invention ever. Divine small plates at one of the best eateries in NYC. And now, in an effort to keep cash-strapped diners coming, Frugal Fridays are held every day except Tuesday (when Tom Colicchio takes over for Tom: Tuesday Dinner). Also, had I arrived one second earlier, I would have seen Kirsten Dunst!

Adorableness: Disney Pixar's Up. Next time there's a big Pixar film I'm interested in, I'm going to watch it at home, because I cried so much I went home with a headache. They love to tug at my heartstrings. This article will make you all cry, too, whether you've seen Up or not.

Education: The Guggenheim's 50th anniversary exhibition, Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward. I was never particularly attached to any of Wright's designs...just a general aesthetic preference, I guess. But this exhibit was amazing. I saw quite a few designs that I liked, and I have gained infinitely more respect for Wright's aesthetic, his practicality, ambition, and spirit of innovation. Who knew he had created a whole city plan for Baghdad?

1 comment:

  1. aesthetic*?

    Up was a great movie, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

As told by