Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend wanderings

This weekend felt like summer, despite all the rain. On Friday night, Chris and I moseyed on down to the new Dutch Kills speakeasy in Long Island City. Dark wood, old-timey details, themed drink names (I ordered a Gershwin), and live jazz made for good times.
Our neighborhood's new farmer's market made my Saturday morning—and my Sunday morning, too, when I got to eat the delicious eggs we bought. And then...off to the Strawberry Fair!
Unfortunately, there were not many strawberries involved in the Strawberry Fair. But there was an international potluck lunch...and this Bugs Bunny popcorn truck:
Plus, I scored this neato blue decanter at the flea market. I'm using it as a vase right now:
AND we scored 2 chairs to use outdoors for 9 bucks. How could you not love Sunnyside?
We hit the World Science Festival in Washington Square Park on Sunday. This might be one of the coolest New York things I'll get to do all summer. We saw magic shows, giant bubbles, jugglers, dog trainers, medical animations, Brian Greene (got a lucky visit to the VIP area through our awesome science writer friend!), and learned about analyzing crime scenes, too. The best thing I learned was that Diet Coke and Mentos create a giant geyser eruption. For some reason, everyone seems to know this but me, but in case you didn't, enjoy:



What did you get yourselves up to this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. cait and curto came for a visit--so sad to see them leave--but they're headed your way! i looove your decanter!

    ReplyDelete

As told by